Total Pageviews

Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday the 25th of October 2013

Breakfast run coming up on November 2nd, 2013 at the Westwood Inn at 8:00a.m.  Jolie has a great route picked out for us.  See you'all there.  It's going to be a great run.


I bought a new pair of  Brooks runners on the 18th.  I've now got about 30 kilometers on them.  I bought them the day before a 10k run.  That day I ran two miles in them.  They are light weight runners with a lean construction.  They have a flat sole with no built up heel.  After the  initial two miles, I could feel the balls of my feet a bit warmer and the back of my heels felt - "stretched."  It was different running in them.  I debated weather to use them in the 10k or wait a bit.  Guess what - I ran in them.  They felt fine and I never had any hot spots or any pains anywhere.   I think that I am landing more flat footed rather than pounding down on the heel.  ( a credit to the runner, I'm not consciously thinking or trying to land flat footed).   So far, I like them.   They feel very light and comfortable.

Keep give'n'er,
gk

No comments: