First run in the snow this year. November 9th, 2013. There was about 2.5 to 3 inches of snow. The Legion Park had been plowed but it had snowed more on it over night. Still, it was ok to run on. The Rotary Park hadn't been plowed but there were two other (fresh) tracks ahead of me. I didn't have any trouble running as I mostly landed where the previous runners had run. It helped, being the 3rd man out.
I started at 8:00 a.m. and both parks were very quiet with the fresh blanket of snow. The distance wasn't quiet as long as last weeks breakfast run but very close (3 plus miles). The section on the highway from Park Ave. to Tim's was ice packed and very slippery - in the driving lane that is. The shoulder was fluffy and ok to run on. But the Parks are the best place to run in the winter. Out of traffic, quiet and generally kept open pretty prompt after a dump of snow.
See you out there sometime,
Keep give'n'er,
GK
1 comment:
Good job Gary. Couldn't make the breakfast run, still working the fields. I agree Parks are best in winter. Keep given'r!
Post a Comment