Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

august 15th, 2012

A bit of rain this morning but it was about  16*C and so comfortable.  Actually, I ran at 5:30a.m. and it didn't start to rain until I was almost finished.  And, it didn't rain hard.  So, it was a good run.  I finished up again by doing a lap on the new asphalt track at the Regional.  I like that track.  It's marked out in 6 full lanes around the track with another extra two lanes to make 8 on the North side (straight stretch only).  It's good and the white lines and number show up very well even in the early morning light.   This time I took lane #6 (the very outside lane); last time I chose #5.  I don't know the distances around the track; will have to find that out from the school maybe - it might be interesting to know. 

I was thinking about a run around Glad Lake sometime in September.  Interested in that?  We could meet at the cookshack, do the run and roast a hot dog after.  We will not make a formal run of it as you may  remeber last year, it catagorized us into a "Special Events" status which then regulated an ambulance to be on site, spotters, etc.  So, if you like the idea, let me know so we have a head count.  I'm thinking September 22nd - maybe harvest will be over then??  I think it's about 5 miles around the lake - maybe a bit more.  Anybody know?  Terry Betcher, do you know?  I went around it last week-end and it took about an hour.  The trail behind the lake was a bit like a hurdle course with trees down.  That should be cleaned up by Parks shotly.    For those who wish to "add to" the course can opt to continue up Corpanicous and back down.  Trail running is very appealing - for me, the opposite of a stationary bike.  You're out there, up and down and twisting thru the bush.  Your mind is occupied; it's not board. 

Keep give'n're,
Let me know if you're interested in the Glad Lake Trail Run,
thanks,
gk

2 comments:

Garry Kennedy said...

september 22nd, 2012, saturday, 11a.m., wellman lake cook-shack, trail run & hotdog

Hugh Alexander Fisher said...

Hi Garry It's Kathy! I might try that run... might be able to talk Brian into it also. Tomorrow I plan to hike from the campground up to Corpernicus so I will wear my Garmin and get the distance on that part ok.
talk to you... p.s. can Vegas come too?