Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9th, 2012

I started my run this morning at 5:20a.m.  First time this early in the day for a long time.  At 5:20a.m. now it's still dark with street lights on and just a hint of dawn in the Eastern sky.  Two dimond bright Stars in the East - Mars and Venice I think.  Although it's dark, it's still warm.  A t-shirt and shorts.

I ran out Brian Minish's way to see if I could team up with him and Vegas.  Sure enough, they were out there.

I swam at 1/4 to 7a.m. and then home for breakfast. 

At breakfast, I watched The Canadian  Ladies Soccer Team  win the bronze metal over France in the 2012 Olympic Games - one nothing.  What a team.   France had them on the ropes for most of the game but somehow they stuck it out and came thru.  It must have been such  a high and a big relief to finish that game.  Lots of hugging going on.  I liked the Canadain coach.  His words  of advice to kids coming up were, "Never give up."

Keep give'n'er,
gk


No comments: