Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

COLD AND WIND

I ran the 5k Route* this morning at 11:00a.m.   Arena, Legion Park, across bridge at Morley's, Duncan Crescent, Athlone, 2nd Ave. NW, Ditch Road and back to the Arena.   Worked ok.  I had all the layers on that I own.  Belacava, toque, two pair of mitts, etc.  No problems.   Lots of blue sky and sun. 

Things are coming together very well in  organizing the Fun Run:  Jolie Verbo at the Helm.   If you know of anybody who would might be interested in being a "Volunteer Worker" at the run,  please have them give Jolie a call at 204 734- 7049.   It takes lots of help. 

Are you running outside in the cold weather?  Ya, it's not so bad really.  Once you've bundled up and  start running - it's works fine.

Tip for the Day:   Duct tape the mesh toes of your runners and wear wigwam socks.

Keep give'n'er,
gk






* The 5k Route is one  of the three choices of Routes at  this summer's Fun Run on June 23rd, 2013.

No comments: