Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 19, 2013

the perfect winter temperature

Got one in today, Wednesday the 19th.   Went at 1/4 to 12:00 noon.  I only did 3 miles.  It was cold, like -21*C and a breeze.  I ran a loop in the Legion Park.  The footing was excellent.  The outdoor rink is coming along now, the boys have been flooding it  and cleaning it, etc.  It's a good one and in a beautiful park.  When it gets warmed up to -10*C  skating will be fun.    -10*C is a nice winter temperature.  If it was all like that it would be a piece of cake.  I was up at the cottage on Tuesday the  17th getting some things ready for Christmas as the fam is coming up.   And... the temp was -10 degrees.  It was easy being outside.  Sunny and calm.  At times, I was working with my mitts off  and no problem.    Quite a different deal when it's -20*C.    I'm running in a 8k in Arizona in mid February and so I want to keep running at least a couple times per week.  The run is actually a trail run thru the dessert and it's called the Lost Dutchman in Prospector Park in Mesa, Az.  There is also a full marathon, 1/2,  5k, 2k, 10, and the 8k trail run which I chose to do.   I hope she's  "hotter than the hubs of hell" down there.  Just my luck it will be snowing.

Keep give'ner you runners,
and have a Merry Christmas you'all,
Garry

No comments: