Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

TUESDAY, The 6th of December, 2011

-8*C
Pretty windy - out of the South West.

A nice morning actually.  It's very nice to have the mild temps.  -8*C is quite a bit better than -20*C.    You still have to dress warm as the wind is a factor, but that's not a problem.  The wind is good resistance.  Once you turn into it; you know it.  It's good - like hills.   It's like a program on the treadmill.

I ran with Tara Stephen and Donna Kopecky this morning.  A 4 miler route in town.   Because of the high wind overnight, there were some soft finger drifts that added to the challenge.  When you hit that soft 2 inches of snow, the footing became tougher.

It all adds to building caracter.  If you can battle the black darkness, the snowy-slippery-footing, the cold, the wind - you can run the beautiful weather like a piece of cake.    And there always will be beautiful winter days to run.  I like the days when it's snowing heavy big flakes, calm and maybe 8 to 10 below.



Keep give'n'er,
gk

1 comment:

Maureen Owens said...

Boot camp is sure helping my workouts. I did the t-mill on the weekend. It was typically, a hard setting. It felt good and I whipped right through it. Proves to me that resistance training helps the running!