Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 27, 2012

thursday the 27th of September 2012

Hi there:

Nice morning.  I was at the Arena this morning at 10 to 6a.m. to see who might be out and about at 6a.m.  I met Pat Morden coming from the other direction,  just as I was starting out on Veterans Way.

It's good weather right now, early in the morning.  It's dark, but I stay where the street lights are and there is vertually no traffic.  It's easy enough to get 3 or 4 miles in just on the light up streets in Town. 

Maybe a Novermber run?  What do you think?  I was thinking November 11th, however, I see it's on a Sunday.  Maybe that's ok.  A Sunday afternoon run.  I'm thinking toque and mitts for that one maybe.  But that's ok - it will get us in the swing of it.  It's amazing how you can run very comfortably in cold weather by layering with the right moisture wicking underwear.  The correct clothes makes it possible.  They make very good clothes for outdoor activities in the winter. 

A winter run can be very enjoyable.  I think of a bit of snow falling and 10 belowish.  It's very quiet.

Keep give'n'er,
gk

No comments: