Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 8, 2011

SUNDAY, the 8th of May Mother's Day

Hey Happy Mother's Day.

I went  in  for a double by-pass this morning (the running one, not the surgical one).  Fogsville at 10 to 6a.m. (start time).  Both by-passes  gave me 9.49 mile run from my door step and back. 

Met Rob McDonnald on 9th as I was finishing up and heading back to the Arena.  He crossed over and gave me a "high five".  Good to meet another runner out there.  Especially at that time  in the run for me.  I was pushing hard to finish up.  It was the longest run so far this spring for me. 

Now, I need to register for the 1/2.  I've put it off right up until now.  Today is the last day for early bird registration.  So today is 65 bucks and tomorrow is 85 bucks.   It makes it better to train/run, for me at least,  once I've committed and registered.  I alway hold off tho as long as I can.  Once I registered early and then I picked up an injury and was unable to make the run.  The money still goes to a good cause but.... it's nice to make the run.

Last year I was 1: 57:53 and so I guess that's my goal to come in under that.  At one time my goal was to break 1:50 but now I don't know if I'll ever do that.  We'll see, you never know right?    The goal has to be realistic tho.  If the bar is too high, it's disappointing and it could lead to the other kind of  double by-pass.  So, we'll set the sights on a happy medium goal and hopefully live to fight another battle.

Keep give'n'er,
gk

No comments: